- Tandin WangmoExecutive DirectorTandin WangmoExecutive DirectorMs. Wangmo brings a diverse professional portfolio with her as she leads RENEW and it’s many staff and clients. Prior to joining RENEW, in 2015, Ms. Wangmo consulted with Bhutan’s Institute of Management Studies on numerous social issues – including those related to gender, youth, program design and leadership training. In the political sector, Ms. Wangmo served as the Spokesperson and Director of Media & Knowledge Center for the People’s Democratic Party of Bhutan. Ms. Wangmo was the Deputy Executive Director of the Gross National Happiness Center (GNHC) from 2012-2013. As many of the members of the RENEW team, Ms. Wangmo is a scholar and educator and began her career as a teacher with the Ministry of Education from 1997-2002. Ms. Wangmo holds a Masters in Educational Studies from the University of Newcastle, Australia and a Bachelor’s in Education from Samtse College of Education, Bhutan.
- Tshering DolkarDirectorTshering DolkarDirectorTshering Dolkar is the Director for Gawailing Happy Home and Bhutan Board for Certified Counsellors Ms. Dolkar brings a level of commitment and excellence to RENEW as the Director of the Gawailing Happy Home. Her expertise is highly valued as she is the only Counsellor in Bhutan certified by National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC) in the United States. Ms. Dolkar graduated from the New Brunswick University in Canada with a Master’s Degree in Counselling. A jolly person, Ms. Dolkar has yet to discover a new recipe for Bhutanese cuisine. According to her beliefs one should build his or her reputation by helping other people build theirs.
- Prakash PradhanCounsellorPrakash PradhanCounsellorMr. Pradhan taught high school students for 15 years before becoming a Counsellor. He has a Bachelor’s Degree in Science and Post Graduate Diploma in Guidance and Counselling from the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) in New Delhi. As a counselor, he believes “nothing is permanent in this world, including your problem.” A simple message to all is, “do good and be good that is the whole essence of art of living.” Currently, Mr. Pradhan is working with RENEW on secondment from the Ministry of Education.
- Kesang DolkarCounsellorKesang DolkarCounsellorMs. Dolkar completed her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science from Madras Christian College, Chennai. She joined RENEW’s Counselling Department as a Counsellor in 2012. Ms. Dolkar is passionate about her work and a person who never hesitates to work hard even beyond the time to meet the services delivery. She believes in a saying that, “a negative mind will never give you a positive life”.
- Lhaden WangmoCounsellorLhaden WangmoCounsellorMs. Lhaden’s main strengths are adaptability, dependability and determination to get a job done. She enjoys keeping herself busy and always puts extra effort in her tasks. As an individual and a Counsellor, she is reliable, strives to always keep positive attitude and has the ability to learn quickly. A good collaborator and team player, Ms. Lhaden holds a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology.
- Man BhadhurHealth AssistantMan BhadhurHealth AssistantMan Bhadhur is a Health Assistant for RENEW under the Ministry of Health. He is on secondment to RENEW for 3 years.
- Dechen ChokiAsst. Legal OfficerDechen ChokiAsst. Legal OfficerMs Dechen Choki has a law degree in addition to having completed PGDNL from Royal Institute of Management. She lives with the motto “Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere”. She is a feminist with very strong ethics and values and endeavor towards ‘creating a violence free happy society’.
- RinchenCounselor.RinchenCounselor.With his background in Education, Mr. Rinchen initially worked in Department of School Education, Ministry of Education as a Teacher for six years and as a School Guidance Counselor for 3 years. He has a Bachelor's Degree in Education (2006) and Postgraduate in Guidance and Counseling (2015) from the College of Education, Samtse Bhutan. He joined RENEW in 2016 on deputation with the hope of working with vulnerable women so they can discover the art of living a happy life. He is a kind person, willing to help anyone at any given time unconditionally – a true Buddhist! He says “People Remember How You Make Them Feel.” He provides individual, couple and family counseling related relationship issues, mental health issues, addiction, and career. He also facilitates trainings, develop brochures, tool kit related to domestic violence prevention and sexual reproductive health right (SRHR)
- Dr. Meenakshi RaiDirectorDr. Meenakshi RaiDirectorWith her background in Buddhist studies, Dr. Meenakshi initially worked in Department of Culture, MoHCA. She joined RENEW in 2006 with the hope of working with vulnerable women so they can discover art of living a happy life. She is a kind person, willing to help anyone at any given time unconditionally – a true Buddhist! She says “Non violence is the greatest of all religions”.
- Yangchi PemaOutreach OfficerYangchi PemaOutreach Officer“A little bit of fragrance always clings to the hand that gives you roses” is the motto by which Yangchi lives every single day. She passionately aspires be of assistance to less fortunate ones in any way possible. Her source of inspiration and resoluteness comes from chapters of struggles faced by minds like Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, Mahatma Gandhi and H. H the Dalai Lama, among many others. Yangchi is best described as being a determined, focused, optimistic, diligent and steadfast person. Reading and travelling are her favoured activities during leisure. Yangchi has vast and diverse work experience. She has worked in the country’s national newspaper Kuensel; and on environmental issues in WWF-Bhutan before joining RENEW. Her keen interest to work for children and women development issues has brought her to RENEW. She is Sherubste graduate in B. Com (Hons) with specialization in marketing. Her job forte includes writing, communications, and Public relations.
- Ugyen ThinleyAsst. Communications OfficerUgyen ThinleyAsst. Communications OfficerMr. Ugyen Thinley has a bachelor’s degree in B.Sc. Physical Science from Sherubtse College. He is a person who lives his every single moment with the motto “Life only comes around once, so do whatever makes you happy and be with whoever makes you smile.” He is fun loving, down to earth and very much an optimist. He loves travelling, sightseeing, listening to music and is a die-hard fan of football.
- Tshewang PemHR & Admin OfficerTshewang PemHR & Admin OfficerTshewang Pem completed her Bachelor’s Degree from North Bengal University in Darjeeling. She says “How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong because someday in your life you will have been all of these”.
- Jamyang SingyeReal Estate ManagerJamyang SingyeReal Estate ManagerMr. Jamyang has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management with Computer Application (BBM-CA) from Hindusthan College of Arts and Science, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India in 2010. He believes in ‘’Seeking a challenging environment that encourages continued learning and creativity while providing new ideas to stimulate professional growth’’
- Sherab GyeltshenFinance OfficerSherab GyeltshenFinance OfficerMr. Gyeltshen handles all of RENEW’s financial needs. He is currently on secondment to RENEW from the Ministry of Education for a period of 3 years.
- Pema WangmoFront DeskPema WangmoFront DeskMs. Wangmo is an articulate, confident woman, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both on the telephone and in person. She is able to present a professional image, in line with any employer’s core values to all people contacting or visiting her office. She is approachable with a professional manner and is able to create an immediate first good impression with anyone she meets. One of her strongest points is the ability to deal calmly with visitors under challenging conditions.
- Pema DekiPA to Executive DirectorPema DekiPA to Executive DirectorShe is very approachable person with good communication skills. She strongly believes that what goes around comes around. Her motto is “Life is short, Spend it with people who makes u laugh and feel loved”. Her hobbies are to read books, listen to music and dance.
- Budhi Maya SubbaAdmin AssistantBudhi Maya SubbaAdmin AssistantShe is a caring and loving person. She has a good team spirit and leadership qualities. She can easily adopt with any working environment. Her motto is “ Nothing is good or bad but thinking makes it so”. Her hobby is to read, learn new things and communicate with people.
- Sonam DemaAssistant ManagerSonam DemaAssistant ManagerSonam Dema is a very caring, talented, understanding, trustworthy and kind hearted human being. She believes in the motto “live and let live”. Ms. Sonam is fun loving, down to earth and very much an optimist. She loves travelling, sightseeing, listening to music and reading.
- Sonam ZangpoDriverSonam ZangpoDriver
- Bernd BaehrProject DirectorBernd BaehrProject DirectorEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining date: 20th May 2015
Field of Study: Master of Savings Business (Economist)
University: Savings Banks Academy, Dusseldorf Germany
Interest/Hobbies: Travelling, Discover new areas, hiking and music.
- Sonam WangchukAdministration/IT OfficerSonam WangchukAdministration/IT OfficerEmail: Wangchuk86@gmail.com
Joining date: 1st January 2012
Field of Study: Bachelor Degree Computer Application
University: Sikkim Manipal University, Kolkata
Interest/Hobbies: Travelling, Playing Sports, hiking, making friends, Cooking.
- Thinley WangmoOperation OfficerThinley WangmoOperation OfficerEmail: email@example.com
Joining date: 1st February 2012
Field of Study: Bachelor Degree in Economic/Geography
University: Sherubtse College
Hobbies and interest: Hiking and community group involvement and Reading
- Tshewang YudenOffice AssistantTshewang YudenOffice AssistantEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining date: 1st September 2015
Field of Study: Bachelor Degree Business Administration
University: Gedu College of Business Studies
Interest/Hobbies: Adventure, learning languages, relationship with families and friends
- Kuenga TsheringField officer, SamtseKuenga TsheringField officer, SamtseEmail: email@example.com
Joining date: 1st May 2012
Field of Study: Arts
School: Kelki Higher Secondary School
Interest/Hobbies- travelling, photography, Arts, listening music, reading books, making friends.
- Dawa TsheringField officer, SamtseDawa TsheringField officer, SamtseEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining date: 1st April 2013
Field of Study: Arts
School: Kelki Higher Secondary School
Interest and Hobbies– listening to music, travelling.
- Nima SeldenField Officer, TrashigangNima SeldenField Officer, TrashigangEmail: email@example.com
Joining date: 1st October 2014
Field of Study: Arts
School: Kelki Higher Secondary School
Interest/Hobbies– travelling, reading books and watching movies, exploring new places.
- Tshering DemaBranch Officer, TsirangTshering DemaBranch Officer, TsirangEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Joining date: 1st August 2015
Field of Study: BA (History) Honors
University: Moti Lal Nehru College,University of Delhi(New Delhi)
Interest/Hobbies– Music,Fashion and Sports
- Dechen YangdenBranch Officer, TrashigangDechen YangdenBranch Officer, TrashigangEmail: email@example.com
Joining date: 1st August 2015
Field of Study: Bachelor of Busines Administration
University: Boston College for professional Studies, (GIWAJI University) Madhyapradesh
Interest/Hobbies– Music, travelling
- Chimi LhadenAsst. Project OfficerChimi LhadenAsst. Project OfficerShe has done her Bachelor in Business Administration from Gaeddu College of Business Studies, Bhutan. Her interests are travelling & listening music.
- Dorji YangzomAssistant Project OfficerDorji YangzomAssistant Project OfficerEmail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. Dorji received her B.A. in Political Science from North- Eastern Hill University in Meghalaya, India. Her work with RENEW is to assist in project administration, project finance and project monitoring. An active and social individual, Ms. Dorji is very passionate and dedicated to her work.
- Karma PemMachine Embroidery InstructorKarma PemMachine Embroidery InstructorEmail: email@example.com
As a machine embroidery instructor for the Livelihoods Project, Ms. Pem was also the first successful client of RENEW. She is the only embroiderer in industrial machinery and is well-known for her beautiful embroidery patterns. Ms. Pem’s determination has been an asset to the RENEW team since 2006.
- Ms.Karma ChodenTailoring InstructorMs.Karma ChodenTailoring InstructorMs. Choden is a senior tailor and trainer and has worked with clients of RENEW since 2007. She believes in the fine detail of finishings and the quality of a craft rather than the quantity produced. While working in RENEW, Ms. Choden continued her studies and has successfully completed class 10.
- Tshewang YudenWeaving InstructorTshewang YudenWeaving InstructorMs. Yuden has been with RENEW as a weaver since 2011. She is very jolly and a good weaver. Ms. Yuden completed her class X through continuing education (CE) programme and presently she is continuing her class XII through the same CE programme while working in RENEW. She believes that, “nothing is impossible, for a willing heart can encourage one to complete her studies”
- Karma ChodenWeaverKarma ChodenWeaverMs. Choden has been a weaver for RENEW since 2013. She is excellent in weaving different pattern designs on the back strap loom. Ms. Choden is very committed in her work.
- Rinzin DemaTailoring InstructorRinzin DemaTailoring InstructorRinzin is a tailoring trainer for women at RENEW. She is a happy-go- lucky individual who greatly enjoys her work and finds fulfillment in training women tailoring skills.
- ZangdenAssam Loom InstructorZangdenAssam Loom InstructorMs. Zangden has been with RENEW as an Assam Loom weaving trainer since 2015. She is very simple and willing to learn new things.
- KardungWeaverKardungWeaverShe is hardworking and sociable women. She joined RENEW in January, 2017. She is interested to learning new traditional patterns.